Members in Print – Summer 2020
Above: Detail from “Petals” by Barbara Di Pirro
The National Basketry Organization announces it’s second biennial Members In Print exhibition. Works selected will be published in the Summer 2020 edition of Basketry +, NBO’s full color magazine.
This year’s theme is Patterns and Textures,a work of basketry that in some way celebrates pattern and texture. Entries are open from February 1 to March 15, 2020.
Juror: Jo Stealey – Jo Stealey, Ph.D., newly retired as the head of the fiber program at the University of Missouri where was awarded the endowed Middlebush Chair for Arts & Humanities (2010-15) for creative research. She teaches workshops, lectures on contemporary fiber and exhibits her work nationally and internationally. She co-authored the book, Rooted, Revived, Reinvented: Basketry in America, and is currently in the process of curating the multi-year national exhibition of the same name.
The Members in Print exhibit is open to all members of the National Basketry Organization, including International and Friend members, current at the time of the entry due date. (Join NBO or renew your membership here.)
Friend level members that have a piece selected may purchase a copy of the in-print Summer 2020 Basketry +, or upgrade their membership (see above link).
- Only one piece per artist may be selected.
- As this is an in-print exhibition, photographs of the selected works must be high resolution, best quality.
- The published image size will be at the discretion of the editor.
- All sales inquiries will be directed to the artist.
- Printed with each selected image will be the artist’s name, title, media and the artist’s website address.
- Please apply here using the CaFE system: NBO MEMBERS IN PRINT
(Link will be live on February 1, 2020)
- Up to two works may be submitted, with two views of each piece for a total of no more than four images.
- Image sizing: high resolution JPG 1200-1900 pixels on the longest side, up to 5 MB.
- Please check the box indicating if your work is traditional or contemporary.
- The relative number of works selected for each category will be proportional to the number of works submitted. (For example, if more works are submitted for the traditional category, more works from that category will be juried into the exhibit.)
- Please submit work made within the past three years, since 2015.
- Works previously exhibited in Basketry Now or Members in Print are ineligible for entry.
- An entry fee of $35 is required for submission of either one or two works.
- Full prospectus available here soon!
Entry due date: March 15, 2020
Notification: March 30, 2020
High resolution images due: April 15, 2020
Publication: Summer 2020 Basketry +: Late June, 2020