Members in Print – Summer 2018
Above: Detail from “Asian Tea Service with Wash Bowl” by Kathey Ervin
The National Basketry Organization is introducing the inaugural in-print, biennial exhibition. Works selected will be published in the Summer 2018 edition of the Quarterly Review, NBO’s full color magazine.
This year’s theme is Vessels, loosely defined as a hollow container, with an interior and an exterior, open to a utilitarian or conceptual interpretation.
Juror: Jane Sauer
Jane Sauer, St. Louis, MO: fiber artist for 35 years with work in 24+ museum collections, Artistic Director and gallery owner for 12 years Santa Fe, NM, Curator, Lecturer, Art Consultant, BFA Washington University, Archives of American Art Smithsonian Institute of American Art, Honorary Fellow American Craft Council, American Craft Council Board of Trustees 1992-2000, Chair 1997-2000, Craft Emergency Relief Fund Board of Directors 2008-2010, Advisory Board Santa Fe University of Art & Design 2011-15, National Council School of Art Washington University 1995- present, plus numerous other boards and advisory committees, International Women’s Forum 1995- present.
The exhibit is open to all members of the National Basketry Organization, including International and Introductory members, at the time of the entry due date. (Join NBO or renew your membership here.)
Introductory level members that have a piece selected may purchase a copy of the in-print Summer 2018 Quarterly Review, or upgrade their membership (see above link).
- Only one piece per artist may be selected.
- As this is an in-print exhibition, photographs of the selected works must be high resolution, professional quality.
- The published image size will be at the discretion of the editor.
- All sales inquiries will be directed to the artist.
- Printed with each selected image will be the artist’s name, title, media and the artist’s website address.
- Please apply using the CaFE system: NBO MEMBERS IN PRINT
- Up to two works may be submitted, with two views of each piece for a total of no more than four images.
- Image sizing: JPG 1200-1900 pixels on the longest side, up to 5 MB.
- Please check the box indicating if your work is traditional or contemporary.
- The relative number of works selected for each category will be proportional to the number of works submitted. (For example, if more works are submitted for the traditional category, more works from that category will be juried into the exhibit.)
- Please submit work made within the past three years, since 2015.
- An entry fee of $25 is required for submission of either one or two works.
Entry due date: March 10, 2018
Notification: March 28
High resolution images due: April 11
Summer 2018 Quarterly Review: Late June, 2018