Visitor’s Day – 2019 NBO Conference
Shown: Detail from “Ancient Modern” by Karen Woods.
This year’s Visitor’s Day at the biennial NBO Conference in Bowling Green, Kentucky, will be Thursday, July 18th. Walk-in registration begins at 1PM in the NBO Office in the Western Room of the Kentucky Museum. A self-guided afternoon (ending at 5PM), visitors can sign-in and pick up a campus map, a detailed list of exhibits, places to visit, and suggestions on where to get a bite to eat. (Please note – conference workshops are not open to visitors.) Download information here.
On-Campus Highlights Include:
- Basketry Now: 10th Anniversary Exhibition – Kentucky Museum
- Conference Faculty Exhibit- Kentucky Museum
- More Basketry: Celebrating Our Community (Work of NBO members attending the conference)
- Ivan Wilson Fine Art Center Gallery
- Handmade Heritage: Kentucky’s White Oak Tradition
- “Inner Gold: Tressa Sularz”- 2pm viewing of a documentary film portrait of artist Tressa Sularz
- Highbrow – Patrick Dougherty installation on campus
- Royalwood – vendor for shopping or browsing
Information on other area exhibits and events will be available in your Visitor’s Day information list.
There is no charge for this event, or at the Kentucky Museum. A full schedule will be available for download soon.
Enjoy this preview of Basketry Now: 10th Anniversary Exhibition:
Bonus offer – Visitor’s Day participants who wish to become NBO members will get a $10 discount on a new membership. Applications and information will be available at the check-in desk. To learn more about NBO membership, visit Join NBO
Questions? Contact the Registrar